Event Organisers can apply for AURA listing by completing this form.
Australian Ultra Runners Association (AURA) lists ultra running events in its event calendar. This policy outlines the requirements of Event Organisers to be considered for inclusion in the events calendar, the requirements have been determined primarily for the protection and safety of AURA members.
- The event organiser must be a member of AURA at the time of the listing application, and at the time the event takes place
- The application for event listing should be submitted a minimum two months before the proposed event date.
- The event organiser must provide evidence of Public Liability Insurance for the event a minimum of two weeks before the event. Failure to provide such evidence will result on the listing being removed from the AURA calendar.
- Risk management documentation is mandatory to be provided with the event listing application, this documentation must reference climate, weather, bushfire, traffic, first aid and medical emergency considerations.
- Event organiser will follow all risk management strategies it has outlined in the provided documentation, in particular those dealing with race cancellations due to climatic / fire risk conditions.
- The event must implement incident reporting as part of its safety systems, and any incident during the event be reported to AURA within four weeks of the completion of the event. Incident reporting is done as a continuous quality improvement measure.
- It is expected that the event will be conducted to a reasonable standard, with due consideration for aid stations, safety, and the wellbeing of competitors and volunteers.
- The race organiser understands it is his/her responsibility to establish which approvals the event requires under law, and to obtain all such necessary approvals. IF ALL NECESSARY APPROVALS ARE NOT IN PLACE PRIOR TO THE EVENT, THE RACE DIRECTOR / RACE ORGANISER WILL ADVISE AURA OF THIS FACT IMMEDIATELY, AND UNDERSTANDS THE EVENT THEN WILL NOT CARRY THE STATUS OF BEING LISTED BY AURA, AND ANY INSURANCES MAY BE VOID.
- The proposers of new events are asked to give consideration for potential date conflicts with existing events already listed. Existing events will be expected to use the same corresponding date for the following year where practicable. If a change to an event date does become necessary, please inform AURA as soon as possible
- AURA reserves the right to not accept events for inclusion in or to add events to its event calendar at its sole discretion.
- AURA reserves the right to delist events from its calendar at its sole discretion without notice and without the need for furnishing any reasons therefor.
- The Event Organiser, is required to sign and return to AURA an agreement covering the key points above before listing of an event can take effect.
- Event entry should be discounted for AURA members by a minimum of $10 or 10% per person. If a discount cannot be provided, a suitable reason should be given to AURA.
- Upon listing approval, the event organiser may publish and promote the fact the event as being “AURA Listed.” Note Wording such as “AURA Approved” and “AURA Sanctioned” or any other wording which may lead a participant to believe AURA has approved the suitability of safety/emergency planning documents and arrangements may not be used.
- AURA maintains the right to determine if an event is to be listed in any subsequent year on a case by case basis. Provision of listing in any given year does not confer a right to listing in subsequent years. If requirements are not met for the current year’s event, the event may not be considered for listing in the subsequent year.
- Full results should be sent to the results coordinator within 7 days of the event. These must be in the required format. An Excel template spreadsheet will be provided for this purpose. Note: IAU-labelled events must provide results within one week and must include the requisite information per the IAU (this includes citizenship data for each competitor).
- Event organisers are expected to not make statements or do any acts which would have the effect of bringing AURA and / or the sport into disrepute.
- Event organisers will not make any statements in a public forum or otherwise which will call into question the competence, integrity or reputation of AURA or any of its executive.
AURA undertakes to provide:
- Listing for the event on AURA’s event calendar on the aura.asn.au website.
- Ability for the event organiser to promote the event through AURA’s Facebook page three times prior to the event.
- Designation of the event as qualifying for the AURA points competition.
- Listing in AURA’s email newsletter three time before the event.
- Performances in measured events (road and track) will be included in the AURA year and all-time rankings lists and will be eligible for open and age group records.
- Listed events may apply to hold AURA Australian Championship events
- Event results will be published in AURA’s results database, a facility able to be accessed by AURA members to view their historical results, as well as general AURA results.
Event Listing Costs
AURA has a desire to ensure that events are affordable and has simplified the listing fee for 2021 to $99. An invoice will be issued following the successful application and listing.
Event Public Liability Insurance & Fees
Public Liability insurance coverage is available on negotiation with AURA.
This includes the issuance of a Certificate of Currency naming police, state parks and any other interested parties as may be required by the EO. The extent of the AURA cover is as follows:
LIMIT OF LIABILITY:
– Public Liability – $20,000,000 any one occurrence,
– Products Liability – $20,000,000 any one occurrence and in the aggregate,
– Errors and Omissions – $1,000,000,
A copy of the policy is available on request, and we encourage those who are interested to thoroughly review details of the cover, terms and conditions. The cover does not include personal injury insurance.
From 1/1/2021 $150 covers up to 75 competitors, plus $2.00 for each additional competitor. In the event of a claim being made, the event organisers will be required to pay the excess ($1,000) when the claim is submitted.