The AURA aggregate points competition is designed to encourage participation and quality of performance. It is conducted over the calendar year and points are awarded for starting (so many points per race, favouring longer races), distance achieved (2 points per accumulated 100 km), placing in race (double if championship), breaking Australian and/or World records and bonus points if achieving IAU qualifying status in certain races (50km, 100 km, 24 hour and trail WC). Points are also awarded to volunteers, including race directors. There is no distinction between male and female in the points competition, in the sense that there is just the one competition. However, points are awarded in each race to first male, first female and so on.
This competition relates only to races officially listed by AURA and included in the AURA race calendar.
If you have any queries on points awarded please read the FAQ below, and if the answer is not there, send an email to the Points Comp coordinator
- Points Summary
- Race by Race Points
- Race Results (members)
- All of the above in an Excel spreadsheet
- Rules & Explanation
- Changes for 2012 include a reduction in points for achieving IAU benchmarks (Category 4) and the removal of 'track' and 'road' references to benchmarks. The awarding of Category 3 points (setting a record) precludes the awarding of Category 4 points (Note 8).
I don’t seem to have any points for a certain event. Why not?
Work your way through this list for possible causes.
- Is it an AURA listed event? Check the list on this here. And then check the event results list here , if you don’t see the current year (i.e. “2018”) in the PC column, then perhaps we’ve overlooked the listing status when publishing the results. Please send an email to the results coordinator
- If the results have been published, and it is a listed event, is your name shown in the results?
- If your name is not shown, please send us an email to the Points Comp coordinator so we can look into it. But first, please be aware that
- we don’t include DNF’s (i.e. if you pull out at 50km in a 100km event, and the race director didn’t publish you as a finisher of the 50km, then it doesn’t count)
- we don’t include results under 40km for 6/12/24h/48h events
- If your name is shown & you were a financial AURA member when the event was run & you don’t see an AURA classification alongside your name (i.e. M1/F3 etc), then please send an email to the results coordinator ; it could be that we have you listed under two different identifiers in the results database, or we’ve not matched you correctly in our membership database.
What about volunteer points?
Please enter details of any volunteering you’ve done at AURA listed events in the form here. You’ll have until January 12, 2019 to complete this form.
I set a world/national age/open group record. What about those points?
Points are only awarded once in Cat 3 (records) or Cat 4 (IAU benchmark achievement) for an event. But, if it still appears you’re missing some points, please send an email to the Points Comp coordinator with the details.
My points total doesn’t seem correct!