- This event has passed.
Last One Standing
August 16, 2019 - August 18, 2019
Imagine being in an event whereby every hour, on the hour, the playing field was levelled and every participant was, by default, tied for the lead with the slate wiped clean. No matter your pace, your strength, ability or mental agility, each and every one of these facets would be given chance to come to the fore and be taken advantage of. Every participant, if they stick at it long enough, would possibly realise the opportunity to apply their strengths at a premium.
Welcome to the ‘Last One Standing’
Run entirely on smooth minimal elevation mostly along Oxley Creek
- 1 lap per hour
- 6.83 km/lap with 72 metres of ascent/descent each lap
- Be ready to start your next lap on the hour (at the ring of the bell) to continue … inches matter! (see rule 4, it’s as much about management as it is athletic ability)
- Last one standing has to complete another hour on their own to win or they’re also a DNF
- All ‘non-winners’ get a DNF medal and memento to commemorate their failure
- MAXIMUM 100 participants
- Start/Finish area:
- Cooking amenities
- Food and electrolyte for competitors
- First aid