- This event has passed.
Sri Chinmoy Canberra 48hr Race EVENT CANCELLED
March 20, 2020 - March 22, 2020
A complete Track Running Festival, with something for every runner from 1,000 metre races for Under 13s to the 48 Hour Ultra-Marathon.
Welcome to the inaugural Sri Chinmoy 48 Hour Track Festival, offering a smorgasbord of track races from 1,000 metres to the 48 Hour Ultra-Marathon, at the world-class AIS Athletics Track, Bruce, Canberra from Friday 20 to Sunday 22 March 2020.
The program features:
* Sri Chinmoy 48 Hour Track race
* Sri Chinmoy 24 Hour Track race
* Sri Chinmoy 6 Hour Track race
* Sri Chinmoy Midnight Marathon
* Sri Chinmoy Track Half-Marathon (separate Women’s and Men’s races)
* Sri Chinmoy Saturday Night Track Meet, including separate Women’s and Men’s races over 10,000 metres, 3,000 metres and 1,000 metres, and children’s (Under 13) 1,000 metre race
The Sri Chinmoy Marathon Team is humbled and honoured to be taking the reigns from Billy Pearce, who founded, directed and lovingly nurtured the 48 Hour race as the CBR.48 Hour race since 2016.
The Sri Chinmoy 24 Hour race has been staged variously at Adelaide, Brisbane and Sydney for the past 39 years, and moves once again to complement the other track distances at Canberra. These events are renowned for the level of care and service provided to runners, and the family atmosphere amongst helpers and athletes (most of the organising team are or have been ultra runners).